500Pcs Seeds Yellow Mexican Sunflower Seed
Tithonia speciosa is commonly called Mexican Sunflower, and it is easily grown from flower seed. It prefers full sun to partial shade, and it makes a great cut flower. This variety, Yellow Torch, has lovely yellow blooms that are 3 – 4 inches across, and butterflies find them irresistible. They bloom all summer right up until the first frosts, and they can be a perennial in frost-free zones. In the spring, start the seed directly outdoors after danger of frost has passed. Press the seed into the soil, do not cover the seed, keep it slightly moist and shaded from direct sunlight. With a temperature of 70F, germination is normally within 14 days. Space the seeds 12 – 18 inches apart.
- by entering your model number.
- Grow Yellow Torch Mexican sunflower seeds in USDA zones 4 - 11 as an annual flowering plant grown from tithonia seeds.
- Tithonia Yellow Torch will grow to 40 inches tall in no time and produce beautiful yellow 3 inch flowering blooms for your flower garden.
- If you are looking to attract beneficial insects as well as butterflies and humming birds then you want to plant Mexican sunflower seeds which are heirloom.
- Plant 2 to 3 Yellow Torch Mexican sunflower seeds per plant to begin growing tithonia plants.
- All sunflower seeds are produced from open pollinated plants and stored appropriately for optimum germination and establishment.