Blue Passion Flower Seeds ,Passiflora Caerulea, Fruit Plant
Growing Info: Scarification: soak in warm water, let stand in water for 12 hours. Stratification: none required. Germination: Sow in late winter or early spring in a greenhouse, seeds will germinate in 1-12 months at 20 degrees C. Keep in a greenhouse for the first winter and plant them outside late spring or after last frost. Mulch roots in the fall to protect from cold.
- by entering your model number.
- A woody vine capable of growing to 15–20 m high where supporting trees are available. The leaves are alternate, palmately five-lobed like a spread hand (sometimes three or seven lobes), 10–18 cm long and wide. The base of each leaf has a flagellate-twining tendril 5–10 cm long, which twines around supporting vegetation to hold the plant up.
- The flower is complex, about 10 cm in diameter, with the five sepals and petals similar in appearance, whitish in colour, surmounted by a corona of blue or violet filaments, then five greenish-yellow stamens and three purple stigmas.
- The fruit is an oval orange-yellow berry 6 cm long by 4 cm in diameter, containing numerous seeds ; it is eaten, and the seeds spread by mammals and birds . In tropical climates, it will flower all year round.
- This plant can be used as a rootstock for some of the less hardy members of this genus, conferring on them an additional cold tolerance. Be careful that root suckers do not take over from the grafted plant[