100Pcs Pink Common Milkweed Flower Seeds
Asclepias syriaca, commonly called common milkweed, butterfly flower, silkweed, silky swallow-wort, and Virginia silkweed, is a species of flowering plant. In addition to being beautiful, Milkweed is a very important plant because it is a host for the beloved MONARCH butterfly. Monarch larvae feed exclusively on Milkweeds. That means if there is no Milkweed, there would be no Monarchs :( It is also an important nectar plant for bees and other insects. The common name Milkweed was given to this plant because of its milky juice. The scientific name comes from Asclepius, the Greek god of healing, because of the many folk-medicinal uses for the milkweed plants. LIGHT REQUIREMENTS: Sun - Part Shade . . . SOIL / WATER: Average - Dry. BLOOM TIME: Summer. HARDINESS ZONE: 3 - 9.
- by entering your model number.
- The perennial common milkweed adds beautiful pink and lilac blooms to any garden
- Native to the Midwest and eastern U.S. It prefers full sun and loamy, mesic soil, but it can tolerate a wide variety of conditions.
- Attracts monarch butterflies, bees and many other pollinating insects
- Easy to grow, requires little maintenance and thrives in zones 3-9
- Before planting, Milkweed seeds need to go through a period of cold stratification.