1000Pcs Sempervivum Hybridum Hens & Chicks Seeds
Sempervivum hybridum is an old-fashioned favorite often seen in planters. Commonly referred to as Hens and Chicks, this perennial plant is unique and forms clusters of fleshy rosettes. The foliage colors can vary from greens to bronze-reds and shades all between. The succulent foliage spreads and produces a mat of foliage with the smaller new rosettes being the chicks and the large parent rosettes called the hens. It grows well in full sun to partial shade and prefers well-drained soil. It also is usually resistant to deer. Hens & Chicks ground cover seed can be started either indoors or directly outside. If starting inside, start the seed 6 – 8 weeks before the end of frost season. If starting outdoors, wait until frost danger has passed and soil temperatures have warmed to 70F. Press the seed into the soil but do not cover it. Keep the seed consistently moist until germination occurs which is usually within 21 days. For transplanting into the garden, wait until frost season has passed and space the plants about 24 inches apart.
- by entering your model number.
- Sempervivum hens and chicks in a low growing, drought tolerant, hardy, succulent plant grown as a perennial in USDA zones 3 - 10.
- They only grow to approximately 2 - 4 inches tall and needs very little water; however, keep sempervivum seeds continually moist until germination.
- This succulent seed mix forms foliage colors which can vary from greens to bronze-reds and shades all between.
- Hens and chicks grows well in full sun to partial shade and prefers well-drained soil. It also is usually resistant to deer making it an excellent ground cover.
- Sow approximately 1000 seeds to cover 20 square feet to have a dense groundcover producing a mat of plant foliage.